Key Considerations When Hiring a Toronto Video Production Company
Most brands are starting to catch up, but there are still barriers that hinder them from going all-out. Today, we’ll discuss the things that you need to consider when you hire a Toronto video production company.
What to consider when hiring a Toronto video production company
Consider your goal
The first thing you need to consider when hiring a Toronto video production company is your goal. What do you want to achieve? Are you hoping the video to go viral and reach 20 million people and build a massive brand following? Or are your expectations more realistic? Viral videos are tricky; not all of your videos will go viral.
Goals are more along the lines of using videos to explain a service or product to your potential clients when they visit your website. Usually, they are created to build brand awareness and show everyone that your business exists.
Once you have considered your goal, you’ll need to decide what sort of videos you’ll be making – what videos will help you achieve your goals? If you want to give a quick update to your social media followers, you can do a simple live video on your phone. But if the video is going to be the first impression people have about your brand, then you might consider something epic. We all know how first impressions can be very important.
After you decided on the kind of video you want to make, then it’s time to move on to the next step.
Ask a professional for assistance
If you have concluded that you need to hire a Toronto video production company, then here’s the next step. You need to consider the following:
- How much is your budget?
- How soon do you want the video to be completed?
- What is your industry, and what style of video are you looking for?
- Will your video need special gear, like a drone, actors, or a set? Are there special locations?
Another thing you should consider is the quality of the video. Does it reflect your brand? If you provide luxury services and want people who are looking for quality, then an inexpensive, low-quality video will not attract your target market. And if you have a small family-run hobby shop, perhaps an expensive video wouldn’t represent your business.
At this point, you want to be careful and not overpay. Does the quality of work reflect the video production company is charging? Do you need an artistic video that has a lot of interesting shots to show off your products and services? Or do you need a more traditional corporate video with interviews? Video production companies in Toronto are all different; you may find one that is good at one, but not the other.
Also, make sure the person you hire is an expert in the field. You don’t want to hire a videographer that specializes in weddings to make your corporate overview video. You want someone who will take into consideration the goal of the video, and the message you want to communicate.
Make sure the production company has the necessary equipment to do the job. You won’t be able to get your desired video if the team lacks the necessary equipment.
Lastly, you should know the turnaround time. Sometimes, independent videographers can have six months of editing to do before he can get to your project. A bigger video production company in Toronto may have different editors and can provide the video quickly.
In short, who you hire depends on what you need, and what you want to achieve.
Reviews and portfolio
You should also take a look at the portfolio of the production company you’re planning to hire. If the Toronto video production company doesn’t have one, then it’s a red flag. Move on and look for another company. Reviews are also important so make sure there aren’t trending issues with them.
Below are some examples of reviews that indicate issues you should know before you hire a video production company:
- Clients complaining about the completion time
- Lack of transparency when it comes to invoicing
- Poor quality-videos
- Undelivered videos
- Other common trends in negative reviews
In short, here are the major points you need to consider when you’re looking for a video production company in Toronto:
- Consider your goal and the level of production that is needed to achieve it
- How much is your budget, and does it align with your goal?
- What videos do you need, and does the video production company you want to hire specialize in this type of video?
- Does the video production company have the necessary equipment to accomplish the job?
- Can the company relay your message with their work?
- Do you think the final product will be a good representation of your brand?
- What kind of reputation does the video production company have? What do the reviews say about them?
- Have you checked the portfolio of the company you want to hire? Do you like it?
- What do you think about the pricing? Is it reasonable?
- Do you think you and the company will get along on a personal basis? This may or may not be important to you at this point, but it sure will help serve up a superior outcome.
What are you waiting for? Get more traffic, increase engagement, improve brand awareness, and provide a better ROI than other content types. Whatever you need, the best video production company will deliver.