What is SEO and Why Should My Business Be Using It?
If you own a business of almost any kind in today’s market, it is imperative to have a website for customers to be able to find you and contact you on the web. In the past, people would look up a business in the phone book or business directory, but with the advent of Google, that is all in the past.
Google searches are the #1 method that consumers use to do their research about goods and services. If your business is not showing up in the first few pages of a general search, you could be missing out on customers and sales. Visits to your page equal sales — it’s as simple as that.
So what is SEO? Very simply, Search Engine Optimization is a process that outfits your web presence in such a way that it will have a higher ranking in general search results. The higher up in the rankings your business can appear, the more customers will see your information showing up in their searches.
When searching online, most people type in a few keywords that are relevant to their search. Simple. If your website is not optimized to include those same keywords then you are not likely to show up in that search. Companies like Digital Monopoly, an SEO agency, focus on working with you to set up a focused plan to keep you in the digital game.
The process of improving your visibility in an online search involves knowledge of your target audience, understanding the complex algorithms used by search engines in their ranking, and knowing how to set up your web presence properly to gain the most amount of traffic.
There are two main categories of focus when implementing a successful SEO campaign for your business. Partnering with a professional service can be an invaluable tool to getting the best results for your business, especially if you are new to the commercial digital platform.
- Focuses on the design and content of your webpage.
- Creating optimized content with vital keywords to draw searches.
- Design structure that turns views into sales.
- Address any technical site issues that can lose you customers.
- Adding backlinks to your content and webpage is critical for success.
- The more quality backlinks contained in your content, the higher your ranking can go.
- Set a successful balance with your backlinks, as too many can mark your content as spam and lose you rating spots.
- Create active marketing campaigns to promote your brand on different social media platforms.
It’s really all about the search. Trying to get your business noticed online when there is a world full of other competitors trying to make it to the top of that list can be a tall order. Business owners are experts in their business and not necessarily the business of online commerce. Having an expert to help you navigate the web and use it as an effective sales tool can mean the difference between success and getting lost in the web.