Creative Web Designing Tips for Beginners
Long story short, today’s generation visits your website, evaluates all the said factors, and then takes the final decision. That is where the aesthetics and functionality of your website could make or break it for you. In technical terms, this phenomenon is called web designing.
The internet offers a wealth of web design tips. We have cherrypicked a handful of them regarded as the best in the business by the experts:
1. Start with paper and a pencil
Many web designers initiate their projects with photoshop right from the beginning. Albeit famous, this method is likely to consume more time because things would be pretty rough in the initial stage. For instance, you may lack clarity regarding the arrangement of a link button before experimenting multiple times. Undertaking these small changes in the software is going to be a particular task.
Therefore, one should start the proceedings using a pencil and paper. That way, you will not have to turn into a keyboard warrior to remove even a miniature of unwanted stuff. Just having an eraser by your side will get the job done quite comprehensively. Apart from the flexibility, exploiting pencil and paper can offer the following benefits to a web designer:
- Pencil and paper enable you to expand the horizon of your imaginations. On the other hand, jumping to software right off the bat may convince you to accept technological limitations.
- As a web designer, you must be prepared to jot down creative ideas because they can pop up at any moment. But, by the time you open the laptop, the concept may go down the drain. However, if you have a pencil and paper at the disposal, you can quickly draw whatever surfaces on your mind.
On top of that, it is pretty convenient to outsource web designers. For instance, if you live in Connecticut, you have to type web design in CT for exceptional options.
2. Avoid using tons of font types
Designers have access to an abundance of font types today. But it has been observed that sometimes the availability of too many options could be counterproductive. That is where you have to act smart and avoid getting tempted.
Instead of cluttering the website with several font types, it would be wise to select only a handful of them. If not, the audience could become disoriented and may be triggered to leave the website regardless of the quality of content.
3. Ensure easy navigation
In all probability, you might be an adventurous person by nature. But it is highly advisable to walk the tight line of a tried and trusted path when it comes to navigation. Because you may attract users initially through visual features, they will exit very soon if they have to put in efforts to find the desired information. So it would be no exaggeration to state that an easy-going navigation surface matters the most in the bigger scheme of things.
The below-outlined tips are the gateway to simplified navigation:
- Link up your logo to the homepage: This practice has been ongoing for a long time. So there is no point in thinking out of the box here. The reason being, users have absorbed in their subconscious that clicking the logo will always lead them to the homepage.
- Minimize the clicks: Ideally, a user should come across the required information within three clicks.
- Do not go for drop-down menus: Drop-down menus are quite tricky to be indexed by the search engine. Moreover, users typically get confused when they see a list of choices, which eventually persuades them to mark the exit.
- Place navigation at the right spot: Be it a footer, sidebar, or navigation bar, users look for them at certain places on a website. Make sure you position all of them at optimized locations.
4. Incorporate picture-based photos.
As time goes by, brands are utilizing bots for a variety of purposes. Nothing to take away from the benefits of robots, but they are no substitute for human-to-human interaction. Being a web-designer, you can take advantage of that by incorporating human-based photos all over the website.
Going by the figures of a well-established study, the conversion rate mounts to a staggering 100 percent increase when a website prefers human-based photos for landing pages.
The final verdict
A random visitor takes only 50 milliseconds before constructing an opinion about a website. It reiterates that web design will have a massive say in terms of how people perceive your business. Hence, you should create an impeccable design, and you can count on the above-highlighted factors to achieve such a lofty objective.