Writing a Case Study in Web Design: Top Online Tools to Use
Web designers often face problems in attracting new clients into their business. Nobody wants to entrust their business to a company who does not have a high rating. That is why one of the most effective ways to show one’s abilities is to create a case study.
A case study resembles a narrative which purpose is to present a person as an expert in web design. It lets people involve their potential clients into the world of the unique project and be able to conduct it from the very beginning to its successful end. The portfolio of a concrete website could become more credible and a designer gets a chance to develop better proposals.
A case study does not deal only with the designer’s intuition. Due to it, a web designer can win a client’s respect and delete all doubts and hesitations.
Plan Your Case Study First
You should think over possible ways to document the content of the project and its results. Even if you consider it to be a time-taker, you should better not neglect it. This guarantees the better outcome because you will surely know how your results might look and what you need to make them precise. You will be able to provide your clients with your strength in logic, analysis, iterations, analytics, and web design creation.
5 Key Constituents of Each Case Study in Web Design
- A General Review. This part lets the client see your success, experience, and project without its reading. It presents general information including the main problem, the core idea, ways of problem-solving, and the outcome. When the clients want to learn something they look through the overview. Nobody is going to read the whole case study unless this section is presented properly. Experts recommend writing this part after the case study is ready. It lets a person draw the conclusions and highlight the most important issues.
- Defiance and Context. This section provides a client with detailed information about the surrounding that led you to the creation of the concrete project. Thanks to that, you can present yourself as a good designer who is eager to face difficulties and solve them producing a marvelous design of web case study. This part includes the description of budget issues, limits of time, the goal of the project, the problem a designer is going to solve and why it is considered to be up-to-date and appropriate, and, of course, destination and objectives of the project.
- Progress and Perspicacity. This part mirrors the way a designer walks from the goal to its realization. There is the need to show research analysis, interview of the target audience, understanding of the client’s needs, and documentation of selling properties of some concrete clients.
- Ways of Problem Decision. This section reflects the designer’s talent. Videos, mockups, codes, integration of customs and other things which relate to the project mirror designer’s skills. A team of professional case study writers from GetCaseStudy.com recommend presenting explanations of designed UX, digesting, navigation, applications or any other tool.
- The Outcome. It is the second part a client pays attention to. It gives reasons for investments and presents qualitative and quantitative data of the project result. One may apply the already existing feedback that can be presented as citation or infographics.
TOP 5 Online Tools to Use for Web Case Study Creation
- Optimal Sort. This online tool is a perfect assistant to structure navigation system and the menu, the process from the idea’s birth to its realization. It helps to sort card effectively and easy. It allows learning the audience’s idea of how the key issues of your content should look.
- Google Forms. It is an ideal tool that helps to create various forms to present feedback, order, testing, evaluation lists. One can create reliable interview questions in the form of testing to find out the needs and desires of the target client and audience. A designer can select different types of questions and either add variants for the answer or leave the space for a person to provide ideas. It also helps to create professional forms and get a quick analysis of the clients’ responses.
- Sketch 52. This concrete tool allows a web designer to provide a wireframe and convert it into “ingredients” for UI. This program is absolutely complete and provides a designer with a number of benefits. Thanks to it, a person is able to create prototypes and distribute them with the help of simple sharing. Due to that, a web designer can provide high user flow. This tool works fast and is easy to deal with. It also allows creating journey maps, mockups, and various specs.
- InVision. This tool is very sufficient on early stages of case study development. It assists in the creation of prototypes based on designers mockups or Most Valuable Programs for testing and its presentation to the clients. It also helps to share the prototype, comment it, provide animations and combine it with other web designer tools.
- Keynote. This one allows a person to create impressive presentations. The tool is the Apple product that lets its users create illustrations and diagrams making the presentation more realistic. It supports team collaboration that makes this tool really worthy. It does not matter what Apple product each member uses. The main thing is to let their fantasy become pictured with the help of Keynote.
Find your favorite tools to design your web case study and impress everyone with your creativity and uniqueness.