How to Design an SEO Friendly Site on a Drupal Platform
Many businesses attribute their success to the use of technology including websites and social media platforms to promote their products and services. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can help you make significant returns from your online sales. For the best results, it is important to customize your SEO to your Drupal hosting platform. Drupal is a content management system that people use to set up their own websites. There are different types of web content including photos, videos, and text. The more organic your traffic is the more qualified and efficient it will be. Traffic in this case means the number of people visiting a site. Here are a few steps to take when designing an SEO friendly site on a Drupal hosting platform.
- First, enable clean URLs within your system settings. Clean URLs are website links that are not corrupted and come from trusted sources. These URLs can transform your page titles into readable URLs and enhance navigation from one page to another.
- Fill out the SEO toolbox on the Drupal.org repository. There are four highly recommended modules including the Metatag, Redirect, Path Auto, and Xml sitemaps.
- In the metatag module, add a custom browser title, keyword, description and other search options for every page. Customization allows you to offer more details about the page contents.
- Be sure to add 301 redirects in the redirect module to redirect users from old URLs to new ones. However, this does not remove the original path of the URL.
- The path auto module generates your page URLs depending on the defined content. This means that a user does not have to manually specify a path alias. The XML sitemap on the other hand helps search engines find and index pages on your site. It also enables you to submit your sitemap to the top search engines.
Define Your Keywords
Have a list of targeted keywords. Some online tools provide information on the most popular keywords used on search engines and alert you when your blog keyword ranks higher on search engines. Use these tools to see how the keyword has performed with time.
Put Everything Together
For the best results, be sure to align each page to a keyword in your list. This helps to boost your website ranking on search engines. Every page is supposed to have one or two targeted keywords from the list. This helps to eliminate content gaps between your keyword list and your website content. This means that if you have a keyword that does not map to a particular page on your website, you can create another keyword to boost your ranking on search engines. Once you finish the keyword mapping, write page descriptions for every targeted page while ensuring that you use the keywords. Update page titles in the metatag module field and add the targeted keywords.
The algorithms of search engines change frequently. Therefore, consider having analytics software to gauge your site traffic and keyword trends. It will also help you keep an eye out for keywords with good rankings on search engines.
Keyword research is an important element of SEO. You need to know the keywords that you will use in your Meta titles, Meta data, descriptions, headers, and internal links. Ensure you also see how competitive the keywords rank and the cost of advertising.
Backlinks are an integral part of SEO. Be sure to have backlinks linking as many pages on your site as possible while still looking natural. Use credible, high quality links when linking your website content to other sites. In addition, keep an eye out for effective SEO strategies that your competitors are using and adopt them on your site. Monitor what your competitors are doing to help their websites get better ranking on search engines. This will help you keep abreast of the latest SEO techniques.
Update Your Website
Remember to constantly update your website. Keep it as active as possible. Create all forms of content such as product reviews, infographics, portfolios, testimonials, eBooks, demos, blogs and even interactive social media sections. Keeping your site as dynamic as possible will help improve traffic. In addition, consider redesigning your website with time so that users can get a fresh perspective of your website design and content. Drupal comes with a wide range of themes that you can personalize to give your website a fresh look.
Designing an SEO friendly site on Drupal involves considering various factors including modules, keywords, competitive research, backlinks, and continuous website redesign. Each factor is important and produces unique results. It is not enough to create a Drupal website and expect traffic and potential sales. You must undertake search engine optimization to ensure that your website has good ranking on search engines, which may lead to improved traffic and higher potential for sales.