Mathematics is the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs, a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty’s sake and pulls it down to earth. — Marston Morse.
Mathematics is derived from the Greek word máthēma. It includes the study of such topics as numbers, algebra, geometry, and analysis. It is one of the top-scoring subjects if paid good attention. Even though maths can be tricky at times, once you understand the concept – it will be very easy for you. Formulas are your best friend so always see to it that you are thorough with them. Each student is unique based on their level of understanding so they plan their study patterns accordingly. But there are some students who are weak in the subject and so they try to avoid the subject and then end up getting fewer grades. Here are some of the common problems that students face :
- Missing out on important steps
- Forgetting formulas
- Getting blank during the paper
- Getting nervous and tensed
So here are some study methods that a student should follow to score well and be prepared :
- Plan out your study time – This means that if you study for a 2-hour stretch, divide your time into different parts. Shed light on the important topics and less time on the least important ones. Once you’ve made your decision, make sure there are no distractions and that you’re studying in a quiet location. Give each chapter and topic enough attention. For the geometry, prepare a theorem table and a formula sheet. Some of the important chapters that every student should focus on are :
- Linear Equations in One Variable
- Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Rational Numbers
- Data Handling
- Comparing Quantities
- Squares and Square Roots
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Introduction to Graphs
- Playing with Numbers
Make use of diagrams, graphs, tables to understand the concepts better. Stretch out your topics and divide them according to the categories.
Whenever the exam is due in a few days, solve previous year’s question papers without taking any help from your textbooks. This will make you realize how much you’re prepared for the exam. Also, try to go through papers of school having the same portion as it will be a plus point.
- Textbooks – Your textbooks should be your best friend. Solve all the questions given thoroughly. They have been extensively covered in these solutions. If you make a habit of regular practice with the aid of these solutions, you can definitely aim to score higher in your exams. Additionally, these solutions are also beneficial in preparing for various competitive examinations. Look into the solved examples before solving the chapter so that you get a better insight into them. Textbooks use various types of diagrams, graphs, tables in order to make the concepts simpler and understandable. So always study the textbook thoroughly.
- Buy different digests, books and refer to ncert maths book class 8 solutions pdf free download. Having the appropriate mindset benefits both your life and your learning process. The optimum time to study is in the morning. Before sitting down to study, go for a run, relax, or eat something light. This will clear your mind and help you understand things better.
- Check the final solution after going through each step. Utilize all of the stages to answer questions. If you skip any steps, you may obtain the incorrect answer. Try to solve a variety of questions without consulting the textbook before the exam. Apply math to real-life situations. Applying arithmetic to real-life situations can be extremely advantageous to you. It will facilitate the speedier completion of simple calculations. Use mental math to your advantage. Play games that need arithmetic skills.
- Make a note of all the key formulas and jot them down on a piece of paper. Make a commitment to review and memorise them every night before going to bed. Create your own hand formula notes and edit them every day to help you study maths more effectively. Choose what sort of formula is used here before tackling any issue, then solve it without looking at the solutions. When you complete issues, double-check if your solution is accurate or slightly incorrect, then highlight which stages you missed or solved incorrectly, and add an extra room to the problem-solving time to rectify it. You can also use different coloured pens to make it more interesting.
- Use of equipment – It would be easier to give excellent demonstrations if you use the exact equipment. To acquire the right answers in geometry, for example, you should always utilise the protractor, triangle, and compass. This will increase your ability to answer questions and make it easier for you to complete your paper. Before beginning your answers, read all of the instructions and make sure you know precisely what you’re supposed to accomplish. This will assist you in solving issues accurately and avoiding errors. In arithmetic, practise makes perfect. In class, pay attention. Make an effort to comprehend what is being taught in class. When you return home, practise the same ideas. Every weekend and at the end of each month, go over your notes again. Maintain consistency and sincerity.
Learning mathematics might be difficult, but with regular reading and practise, you can improve. No one will be able to stop you from scoring above 90 if you use the strategies outlined above. Best wishes for your tests!