How to Make a Product Demo Video?
If you own an online brand or business, then, you might know the importance of creating a product demo video. A product demo video is a great way to ease up audience queries by explaining the use or working of your products and services. With product demo videos, you can let the people know how a product works so that they can have an experience via visualization on the usage of the particular product.
A product demo video demonstrates the key highlights and features while providing a walkthrough of the functioning of using anything. Some important points to keep in mind while creating any product demo are:
- Ignite the interest of viewers
- Explains the prime benefits and features of a product
- Showcase that the product does what it is meant to do
- Address user’s concerns that might take place while using the product
A guide to making a product demo video
Follow the steps below to create a successful product demo video.
Step 1: Determine the audience
At the onset, you need to have an idea about your audience in mind. This is essential because if you want to market a musical product such as headphones or speakers, then you must ensure that your video has high-quality background music and beats. The most convenient way to understand your audience is by creating their profile based on characteristics like demographics, buying habits, interests, etc.
Step 2: Video panning
A video panning process contains many stages, and each of these stages can take a variable amount of time. These stages may include video recording, video editing with a high-quality online video editor, scripting, publishing, and so on. To categorize this video development process, it is recommended to make a production plan based on the questions given below.
- How long does it take for each step to be completed?
- What sort of tools and resources are required for the completion of each step?
- What should these steps get finalized?
Step 3: Choosing the video type
A talking head type of video
This video type showcases the speaker’s head while hiding the lower body below the torso. The narrator speaks in the camera to interest the viewers by utilizing social and human aspects. Such videos involve on-screen texts, background visuals, etc.
These videos are for demonstrations of a product. For instance, if you want to promote a software product then, you need to showcase its interface, features, and navigation system. These videos include a head-talking element for engagement and visuals to eradicate boredom or monotonous things.
Live caution videos are considered challenging as they call for high-level editing using a decent online video editor. Similar to a movie, it requires taking shots from all angles to cover different perspectives. In these video types, you also need to cast a team of characters and make use of different settings.
Animation based product demo videos
These video types are a great choice in case you lack casting of a live-action video. Animated product demos still need human resources for illustration purposes and the production process. These videos are somewhat similar to live-action video types as they consist of a storyline with characters and scenes.
Step 4: Scriptwriting
While you are making any product demo or other type of video, rehearsing cannot be missed. For any video type, a script works as a blueprint that decides its path or journey on which you can take your audience or viewers. The structure of a script can change depending on the video type. Therefore, it’s vital to cover some specific aspects of product demo video types, which you can include.
- An intro: You need to have an intro for any kind of video. In the introduction, you need to showcase your product by talking about its features, uses, and benefits.
- Target Audience: Before the product goes live in the market, it should be aimed at a specific audience type. Therefore, in this part of the script, you must know who you are addressing, the different aspects of the viewers and how the product can help resolve queries.
- Prime features: As you can see, every section of the script is dependent on the previous one. Hence, by determining the audience and key points, you can seamlessly define the main characteristics that are related to resolving certain queries. After this, you can give time to each of these queries and how to resolve them with ease by defining the importance of every feature.
- CTA: After determining who you are acknowledging and what problems you are planning to resolve. It’s time to make an ultimate plan involving your audiences. You can do so by adding a crisp and compelling call-to-action while letting them know how your product can efficiently resolve their problems.
Step 5: Choosing the setting
A setting is a place or location where you want to shoot the video. As you have identified the type of video you want to create, now you can look at the different setting options.
- For the head video: It is recommended to opt for subtle and homogeneous backgrounds to prevent clubbing with the speakers.
- A product video: Opt for a location with which the audience can relate, for example, for a casual footwear video, choose an urban location.
Step 6: Video creation
Video creation is indeed interesting. But, you must use an efficient online video editor to do this job correctly. Many video editors are there in the market, but choose the one that is easy to use and has interactive features, elements, and effects to make your video look appealing.
Step 7: Publishing
The last step is to publish the video which you have created. Depending on where you have to publish, you need to keep in mind the things like aspect ratio, size, video duration, etc. For example, for Instagram, a short-square video works nicely. For YouTube, you need dimensions to be horizontal and for stories, the vertical video makes the right choice.
Creating a demo video is easy if you follow the right procedure. We hope with these steps given above, you shall be able to create a desired product demo video for your product and engage your audience’s interest.