WordPress vs Blogger: Spotting The Differences
When it comes to blogging, there are a lot of platforms, just like WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, and many more. We will discuss the key differences between the most used and most popular blogging websites that is WordPress and Blogger.
Blogger has a user-friendly environment that’s why many people like Blogger. whereas WordPress has a somewhat complex environment, but it is developed for professionals because it has many features and powers as compared to Blogger. In this article, almost all the comparison is done in brief between these two platforms.
Pros And Cons of WordPress vs Blogger
Let’s start with the key advantages and drawbacks of these two platforms individually.
Pros of Blogger
- This platform is very quick and user friendly which means you can create a blog simply in minutes.
- It’s a 100% free platform, no hosting chargers required.
- Many options are available to personalize your blog.
- Allows you to create content with all primary tools.
Cons of Blogger
- Because this platform is very basic, one can only create simple blogs.
- The options are limited which makes the appearance a lot better.
- Since it’s a Google platform, you can only export your content if needed.
Read also: is Blogger.com bad for SEO?
Since the blogger is a user-friendly platform it makes users to create blogs more easily. Also, many beginners start creating their blogs from this platform. Let’s now discuss about the pros and cons of WordPress.
Pros of WordPress
- Creating blogs from WordPress makes it more quick and easy process.
- This platform is a user-friendly platform, especially for creating Blogs.
- WordPress allows advanced users to make your setup easy and quick.
- There are hundreds and thousands of WordPress plugins and themes, that helps in functioning of your webpage.
Cons of WordPress
- Hosting requires a particular amount of money, but it is worth it instead of risking your site’s security by free hosting services.
- Responsibility of the site’s security and functioning depends a lot on the user.
Lets now give a look at the limitations of these two platforms.
Limitations of Blogger
- Free account allows users to create only 100 blogs per account.
- HyperText Markup Language(HTML) is not supported.
- If your blog violets the policy guideline then, your account may get suspended without any notice.
Limitations of WordPress
- For the proper functioning of your WordPress site, you need to add a lot of plugins.
- Since WordPress has many themes and plugins, a person has to keep updating them regularly.
- Due to all the addon, the WordPress site becomes slow.
- WordPress has less SEO ranking packages.
Choosing the right platform
Since both platforms are popular and allow users to create a blog easily. But if you want to choose a certain platform, then these guidelines will surely come up to help you.
- Blogger is more helpful for those who create their personal blogs. Without even spending a cent, you can create your blog more quickly and easily.
- If you want a blog for a larger website like business, marketing, store, or a portfolio, then with several features WordPress will always be the best choice. But it charges a quite amount of money for hosting purposes, that’s worth it to make your site more secure.
Photos courtesy of gettyimages.com